Monday, November 11, 2013

Film Trailers: WINTER'S TALE


     I have watched this trailer a couple of times since it premiered last week and I still do not have a good feeling about this film. Part fantasy, part time travel and part love story. It just does not grab my attention and seems like it is going to be highly problematic, narrative-wise and thematically. But, that is just my impression from the synopsis and trailer. Written and directed by Oscar winning screenwriter Akiva Goldsman (A Beautiful Mind), Winter's Tale follows a burglar, Colin Farrell, as he falls in love with an heiress, Jessica Brown Findlay, as she dies in his arms. Being chased by a ruthless crime boss, Russell Crowe, he manages to escape and, at the same time, realizes he has the gift of reincarnation. His goal his to find a way to protect the woman he has fell for. I truly am not certain on this film. Time travel, religion and some fantasy just do not always blend. Unless your Darren Aronofsky...The Fountain. Not that I am comparing this to that film in any way, but I got a minor notion of Aronofsky's underrated gem when I saw this trailer. The film also stars Jennifer Connelly, William Hurt, Eva Marie Saint and Kevin Durand. It will open on Valentine's Day, 2014. That is not always a good release date either. Enjoy.


Photo credit by IMDB and trailer by YouTube.

No comments:

Post a Comment