Movie watching etiquette is important to me. I love going to the movies and want to be able to enjoy it without the nuisance of annoying, disrespectful moviegoers that don't appreciate or have respect for the movie or the other people in the theater. The Drafthouse is so great about "kicking your ass out" if your being disruptive, talking too much or being just a plain, rude asshole during the movie. Here is a short list of my main pet peeves when watching a film:
- BE QUIET!!! Do not talk. Do not even whisper. It is so annoying and you need to be quiet and not speak during the movie. It's the most distracting thing during a film at a theater, other than terrible sound and projection.
- If you are eating at the theater do not chew all loud and smack your food. Have some respect and anyone that orders a nasty, disgusting, stinky ass hot dog needs to get kicked out right away. I do not want to smell that.
- Really, why do people have to go to the bathroom three or four times during a two hour film. I hold it. I do not want to miss a single frame from the beginning of the trailers to the end credits.
- Do not bring newborns and infants to a showing in the evening or late at night. Come on people. I'm sure you want to get out of the house but find a sitter or wait. We do not need little babies and young kids at violent films late at night or any films for that matter that late.
- DO NOT USE YOUR PHONE!!! No texting or talking on your phone. Pretty self explanatory why this is so annoying.
- If your at an early showing or in a theater where there is only a few people in it don't choose to sit right next to me. Give some space please. We've got the whole theater to sit in and your going to sit right next too me. Please.
- And last, but not least... SHUT UP!!! No talking during the movie. Its rude, disrespectful and extremely annoying.