Friday, September 6, 2013

Film Trailers: PRISONERS

     
     I know this trailer has been on the web and TV for a few weeks now, but I had not posted it yet and wanted to get it out there to anyone who has not seen it yet. I have to say, the first time I saw this trailer I did not get that rush to go out and see it right away, except for the fact that master cinematographer Roger Deakins shot it and it looks beautiful. Also, it felt like the trailer gave away too much. I hate that. Sometimes trailers just show too much to sell the film, but apparently, it does not. Reviews came out from Telluride and Toronto, stating that the film is an exceptionally well-made, slow paced thriller and it has changed my perception and is one of the few times where positive reactions peak my interest somewhat. The film is the first English-language directed film from French director Denis Villeneuve, who directed the intriguing Incendies (2010) and stars Hugh Jackman, Jake Gyllenhaal, Terrence Howard, Paul Dano, Viola Davis, Maria Bello and Melissa Leo. It revolves around the abduction and search for two young girls. One of the fathers, played by Jackman, takes matters into his own hands in the search once the man arrested for the kidnapping, Dano, is released due to lack of evidence. Gyllenhaal plays a rugged cop that is investigating the matter. Howard plays the other father of one of the two girls. I am looking forward to seeing this film and with Deakins lensing it, I know it will be amazing to look at and Jackman and Gyllenhaal will deliver performances that should be captivating. They usually always do. I do love glacially-paced thrillers so this one appears to be good, even if my initial reaction to the trailer was a little muted. The film will be released on September 20th. Here is the trailer. Enjoy.


Credit by joblo.com and trailer by YouTube.

No comments:

Post a Comment